During the first week of March 2021, at local partner Salamin Foods, the processing line was installed and one of the storage rooms was upgraded.I In addition, in the upgraded storage room remote sensors were placed for easy data monitoring and evaluation. Installation was done by engineer Raj Kumar from Allround supported by Tanvir Ahmed from Deltadesh.
The installed basic sorting and grading line has the following benefits compared to the traditional manually sorting and grading:
- With the roller inspection table, sorting will be more accurate and more efficient.
- With the shake grader, grading will be more accurate and more efficient.
- With the weigher/bagger we will have exact weight in a bag.
- Potatoes will not spread on the floor anymore for sorting and grading.
- The space needed for sorting and grading will be less.
After the processing line was installed and the storage room upgraded, the storage staff of Salamin Foods was trained for 6 hours on the 15th of March 2021. They received training on how to a) operate the basic sorting and grading line, b) operate the upgraded storage room and c) correct data collection.